Small Business Servers; Affordable Solutions
PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!
For servers with a primary purpose of running websites and applications for public off availability cloud servers excel. Using the power of Digital Ocean VPS’s, Vontainment can create powerful small business servers. A Digital Ocean VPS starts at just $5/mo. From websites and web apps to containers. Bring affordable enterprise technology to your local Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, North Port, and other Southwest Florida business.
Cloud servers are best suited for web servers or remote backup on and off-premise as well as secondary off-site backups. Today web sites and web server capacities are as capable as standard desktop apps. Invoicing, billing, email, chat, document management, and business apps are readily available for web deployment.
With the vast catalog of open source options available vs commercial options. We strive to make technology more affordable for businesses by using open source (free) software when appropriate options are available. Many open-source options rival the expensive commercial options in terms of quality, features, and security. Currently, 90% of websites are built on open-source code as well as Apache and Nginx web servers that run 98% of websites are open source.
Hestia Control Panel provides us an easy to use web and command line interface, enabling us to quickly deploy and manage web domains, mail accounts, DNS zones, and databases from one central dashboard without the hassle of manually deploying and configuring individual components or services.
HestiaCP is open source and uses open-source industry-standard technology. Hestia installs the components to run a VPS web server in their default configurations after which we tweak for high security and install and configure other misc services needed.
When combined with our Nginx configuration and WordPress core mods, this setup gives blazing fast load times for WordPress websites as well as web apps and more.
- Apache2 and NGINX with PHP-FPM
- Multiple PHP versions (5.6 – 8.0, 7.4 as default)
- DNS Server (Bind) with clustering capabilities
- POP/IMAP/SMTP mail services with Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, and Webmail (ClamAV, SpamAssassin, Roundcube, Rainloop)
- MariaDB or PostgreSQL databases
- Let’s Encrypt SSL support with wildcard certificates
- Firewall with brute-force attack detection and IP lists (iptables, fail2ban, and ipset).
Popular Optional Enhancements: Wireguard VPN and Docker Apps.
- Lightspeed Web Server
- Different Level Of users.
- Auto SSL.
- FTP Server.
- Lightweight DNS Server (PowerDNS).
- Email Support (Rainloop).
- PHP Management.
- Firewall (FirewallD & ConfigServer Firewall Integration).
- One click Backup and Restore.
- Docker Apps
Email Servers and Gateways
Storage And Backup
Proxmox Backup Server
Open Media Vault
Virtualization And Docker
Virtualize Opnsense Firewall
OPNsense is an open source, easy-to-use and easy-to-build HardenedBSD based firewall and routing platform. OPNsense includes most of the features available in expensive commercial firewalls, and more in many cases. It brings the rich feature set of commercial offerings with the benefits of open and verifiable sources.
OPNsense started as a fork of pfSense® and m0n0wall in 2014, with its first official release in January 2015. The project has evolved very quickly while still retaining familiar aspects of both m0n0wall and pfSense. A strong focus on security and code quality drives the development of the project.
OPNsense offers weekly security updates with small increments to react to new emerging threats. A fixed release cycle of 2 major releases each year offers businesses the opportunity to plan upgrades ahead. For each major release, a roadmap is put in place to guide development and set out clear goals.
- Traffic Shaper
- Two-factor Authentication throughout the system
- Captive portal
- Forward Caching Proxy (transparent) with Blacklist support
- Virtual Private Network (site to site & road warrior, IPsec, OpenVPN & legacy PPTP support)
- High Availability & Hardware Failover ( with configuration synchronization & synchronized state tables)
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Build-in reporting and monitoring tools including RRD Graphs
- Netflow Exporter
- Network Flow Monitoring
- Support for plugins
- DNS Server & DNS Forwarder
- DHCP Server and Relay
- Dynamic DNS
- Encrypted configuration backup to Google Drive
- Stateful inspection firewall
- Granular control over state table
- 802.1Q VLAN support
- and more..